A lovely Autumn Flannery...

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Saturday, being a wonderfully bright Autumn afternoon, I decided to have a Flannery (Victorian parlance for a wander with no particular purpose) down to the Studio Crawl in the Inglewood neighbourhood of Calgary.

It was pretty quiet compared to last year but still very interesting, with sculpture, printmaking, weaving, spinning, painting an even some Steampunk awesomeness from Jeff de Boer.

I was in "full steam" so attracted a fair amount of attention from both attendees and artists. I gave out all the cards I had, plus gave many people our Meetup web address. Hopefully we will get some interested members.

I did notice that there is a fair amount of knowledge about Steampunk in the general arts community here. However many were surprised that Calgary has an active Steampunk community.  I hope I have helped to dispel that notion smile

After I finished doing the Studio Crawl I wandered over to 23rd Ave in Ramsay, which is 5 minute walk away. The whole street was having an Art and Street fair. Lots of artists, potters, and jewelry ,with well tended gardens front the street before early 20th c houses.

I had the most fantastic jerked chicken I've had outside of the Caribbean at a street side barbeque just down from Ramsay School.

All in all, a great Autumn afternoon Flannery in Calgary.

Keep your sightglass full, your firebox trimmed and your water iced.
KJ

~ 1 comments: ~

Cliff Erasmus says:
at: September 23, 2012 at 10:39 AM said...

Sounds like a great time Kevin...and interesting!

~ Post a Comment ~

About Gears, Goggles, and Steam oh My!

Here I collect interesting bits of information related to the world of Steampunk.

Category List

Absinthium (12) accessories (15) Airships (69) Art (1) Beakerhead (3) Books (65) comics (5) computation (11) costumes (16) etiquette (19) events (30) fiction (87) Flight Engineer (33) Fun (57) games (36) history (109) howto (21) Inventions (57) manners (6) Meetup Repost (90) movies (4) music (4) Musings (44) mystery (23) news (8) Parasol Duelling (46) Photos (67) Pie In the Sky (3) poetry (1) resources (50) Role Playing (59) Serial Story (28) Ships (39) Steam (34) Steampunk Sports (26) Tesla (13) video (77) website (57) What Ifs (16)

Recent Comments

Theme images by sndr. Powered by Blogger.

Followers